Other Things to Think About
The list of things you could do before you let your property is endless. Here’s a reminder of other thing to consider:
- If the property is to be let furnished, you must ensure that it’s 100% habitable and the tenant has everything they need from the outset.
- There’s little difference in rental value for furnished or unfurnished property, so try to be flexible to get as many potential tenants through the door as possible
- If you’re letting the property unfurnished, you must ensure the property has working, safety-checked appliances, including a fridge, freezer, washing machine, oven and hob. All rental properties should have window fittings such as curtains or blinds
- Get enough sets of key cut for the agent and future tenants
- Ensure all minor DIY jobs are finished, such as putting up shelves and changing light bulbs
- Hire a professional cleaner before your tenant moves in
- Leave instruction manuals for all the appliances and take copies for yourself and the managing agent (if you have one)
Gables Letting & Management may recommend other things when we assess your property. Don’t be offended or resent the extra work – we’re looking out for you and want you to get the best rental yield possible.